As a team leader, you will get called on to help employees solve problems, implement organizational changes and develop innovative strategies to do things differently. Learn how to facilitate group-based problem solving sessions with a clear solution focus and tap into the hidden potential on your team. You will be given the opportunity to practice the art of facilitation in a variety of case scenarios and interactive exercises that allow you to develop your personal skills.
- Learn the skills of effective group/team facilitation
- Practice effective brainstorming techniques that encourage participation & generate solutions
- Utilize techniques to harness creativity
- Assist your group in solving complex problems
- Identify & reduce systems problems
- Help your team make good decisions
- Build support for team decision
This course is part of the Advanced Skills for Supervisors Certificate Program.
This course is approved for:
- The “Achievement in Business Competencies” (Blue Seal) program through the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department. For more information on the Blue Seal Program go to: http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/index.html?page=working_in_alberta/working_in_trade.asp
- 1.2 Continuing Education Unit Credits for Alberta Environment Water and Wastewater Operator Certification Program. For more information on the Certification Program including approved CEUs go to: http://environment.alberta.ca/1486.html
Take all 6 courses in Advanced Skills for Leadership within 5 years and receive a certificate.
If there are no dates listed below, please contact WorkForce Development at 780-849-8623 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a quote to put this training on for your group or organization.
Withdrawals & Refunds:
Your registration will be fully refunded when notice of withdrawal is given five (5) working days before the course start date. When notification is received less than five (5) full working days before the course start date, an invoice will be issued for full payment of the course. When you are unable to attend your course you may arrange for someone to take your place.
Course Re-Scheduling by Northern Lakes College:
Northern Lakes College reserves the right to re-schedule or cancel a course that lacks sufficient registrations to provide a satisfactory learning atmosphere. In this event your registration fee will be refunded in full or applied to the re-scheduled course.