Do you feel like you are drowning in a sea of never-ending demands on your time, continually trying to do more with less? Explore ways of working smarter so that you can proactively manage the people, paper and priorities that come your way. This course will teach you techniques to get control of your time and organize your workday so you can effectively supervise employees, minimize interruptions and still get your own work done!
- Use proven time management and scheduling techniques
- Prioritize multiple objectives and tasks
- Eliminate time wasting activities
- Deal with interruptions effectively
- Apply methods of effective project management
- Conduct efficient meetings
This course is part of the Essential Skills for Supervisors Certificate Program AND the Essential Skills for Administrative Professionals Certificate Program.
This course is approved for:
- The “Achievement in Business Competencies” (Blue Seal) program through the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department. For more information on the Blue Seal Program go to: http://www.tradesecrets.gov.ab.ca/index.html?page=working_in_alberta/working_in_trade.asp
- 1.0 Continuing Education Unit Credits for Alberta Environment Water and Wastewater Operator Certification Program. For more information on the Certification Program including approved CEUs go to: http://environment.alberta.ca/1486.html
Take all 9 courses in Essential Skills for Supervisors within 5 years and receive a certificate.
If there are no dates listed below, please contact WorkForce Development at 780-849-8623 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a quote to put this training on for your group or organization.
Withdrawals & Refunds:
Your registration will be fully refunded when notice of withdrawal is given five (5) working days before the course start date. When notification is received less than five (5) full working days before the course start date, an invoice will be issued for full payment of the course. When you are unable to attend your course you may arrange for someone to take your place.
Course Re-Scheduling by Northern Lakes College:
Northern Lakes College reserves the right to re-schedule or cancel a course that lacks sufficient registrations to provide a satisfactory learning atmosphere. In this event your registration fee will be refunded in full or applied to the re-scheduled course.