Our Training Materials
Our Training Courses
The following items were built by the Centre to help support staff and faculty. You will learn how to use the technology as both a participant and a teacher/moderator. You also have an opportunity to check our internal and external Professional Development. Click the links below to access the courses.
- EDTECH101: Using Educational Technology at Northern Lakes College: This course has been created by the Centre for Teaching and Learning to help support you in your use of educational technology. This has been developed for instructors, course developers and instructional designers at Northern Lakes College. It has information on how to create classes and teach in Collaborate, everything needed to develop and grade in Moodle, and more.
- NLC101: Getting Started at Northern Lakes College: This course has been created to support students and staff in getting started at Northern Lakes College. It provides information and experience using Moodle, Collaborate, NLC Email and College computers. Every staff member and student is automatically enrolled in this course.
- The Centre's PD Site: This is your one stop shop for all PD - both internal and external. You will find archived copies of The Apple Express newsletter, archived Brown Bag Sessions, information on our Coffee Shop sessions as well as external PD opportunities.
Educational Technology Guides
Below you fill find comprehensive guides for the educational technology used here at Northern Lakes College.
- This guide is for Moodle and will walk students through the process of using Moodle. It has everything from how to log in to how to complete assignments. Click here for the Moodle guide.
- This guide is for Collaborate and will walk students through the process of using Collaborate. It has everything from how to log in to Collaborate to using all of the tools in Collaborate. Click here for the Collaborate guide.
- Coming soon!