Careers at NLC
Careers at NLC
Print Shop Operator Support - Term
October 3rd, 2017
October 22nd, 2017 - 11:59pm
$20.08 to $23.77 per hour
Hours Per Week:
Northern Lakes College is a publically governed Comprehensive Community Institution (CCI) with 23 campuses and 5 cap sites, located in 50 communities across northern Alberta. Diploma and certificate programs include academic upgrading, business administration, office administration, health sciences and human services, trades and technology, university studies, and a variety of continuing education and corporate training certificates and courses. We support and promote professional development and wellness opportunities, and provide our employees with an attractive benefits plan and competitive salaries. The college’s service region offers numerous recreational activities for the entire family to enjoy!
Northern Lakes College has the following full time term position, available at our Grouard campus:
Print Shop Operator Support
Wage Rate: $20.08 to $23.77 per hour
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Clean Criminal Record check is required prior to commencement of employment;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office suite.
- Office Administration is an asset;
For complete details on this employment opportunity, visit us online at: www.northernlakescollege.ca click on Careers
Please submit a resume quoting the reference number NLC-1635 to:
Northern Lakes College, Human Resources, 1201 Main Street SE, Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A3
Fax resume to: 780 849-5881
Closing Date: October 22, 2017
Note: Northern Lakes College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Print shop Operator Support
Information & Technology Services
Major Job Function:
Preparing files from archive for imaging process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Prepare files for the imaging process (Removal of clips, staples, sorting etc.).
- Indexes scanned records, and analyzes them for clarity and accuracy.
- Follows the defined process for scanning College documents. Recommends improvements where required.
- Determines the correct settings to ensure quality of each document.
- Analyze scanned documents for clarity and accuracy.
- Performs document imaging and conversion tasks in accordance with provided instructions, quality control standards and procedures; ensures proper documentation and integrity of scanned images.
- Ensures completeness of files; researches missing documents; removes non-essential material; prepares and organizes documents to conform to defined quality control standards, office procedures and system processes.
- May assist College staff with imaging and records processes.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Adhering to policies, procedures, and quality controls in relation to scanning, information retrieval, document storage.
- Maintaining an established work schedule. Will be required to meet weekly data conversion goals;
- Computer Skills;
- Familiar with Microsoft Windows;
- Basic Data Entry Skills.
- Proficiency using electronic imaging technology and related storage requirements, image and document formats is an advantage
- Basic training on scanning steps / process will be provided.
- Preferred competencies (an advantage but not required)
- Electronic imaging processes and storage requirements.
- Image and document formats.
- Records management concepts and best practices.
- Document imaging, records management work experience, or other related clerical work experience.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Maintain a safe and tidy workspace that is free from liquids, food and/or other hazards that may result in loss or damage to documents.