Careers at NLC
Careers at NLC
STEP Student Support
May 10th, 2018
May 28th, 2018 - 10:57pm
Job Start Date:
June 1st, 2018
Job End Date:
August 24th, 2018
$13.60 to $15.00 per hour
Hours Per Week:
Northern Lakes College is a publicly governed Comprehensive Community Institution (CCI) with 25 campuses, located in over 50 communities across northern Alberta. Diploma and certificate programs include academic upgrading, business administration, office administration, health sciences and human services, trades and technology, university studies, and variety of continuing education and corporate training certificates and courses. We support and promote professional development and wellness opportunities, and provide our employees with an attractive benefits plan and competitive salaries. The college’s service region offers numerous recreational activities for the entire family to enjoy!
The Health Careers office at our Slave Lake Campus has the following summer student position available:
STEP Student Support
Wage: $13.60 to $15.00 per hour
June 1, 2018 to August 24, 2018
- Enrolled in a post-secondary program. Applicants with business education or office experience are preferred;
- At least 15 years of age A Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or person protected under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and legally entitled to work and study in Canada;
- International students and Temporary Foreign Workers are not eligible for STEP;
- Resides in Alberta with Alberta address;
- Returning to post-secondary institution to continue studying full-time in the fall;
- Must be enrolled in a program that will result in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree;
- Is available for full-time summer employment.
For complete details on this employment opportunity, visit us online at:
www.northernlakescollege.ca click on Careers at NLC
Please submit a resume quoting the reference number NLC-1663 to:
Northern Lakes College, Human Resources, 1201 Main Street SE, Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A3.
Closing Date: May 28, 2018
Northern Lakes College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Title: Administrative Support – Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP)
Department: Health and Human Services Programs
Major Job Function:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct calls to the appropriate staff.
- Acquisition of supplies for program areas as necessary. Keeping an inventory of basic office supplies.
- Filing information in a manner consistent with the College Records Management procedures. Ensure confidentiality of all documents.
- Answer basic inquiries from staff, students, and the public. This is done in person, on the phone or by email.
- Operate office equipment: Computer, Fax, Photocopier, Telephone, Printer.
- Set up and maintenance of student class lists for all programs.
- Producing and maintaining documents pertaining to student information (e.g. set up and maintenance of student files).
- Produce word processing and spreadsheet documents for the Chairs and program areas.
- Sort and properly distribute incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist with preparations and packaging of student educational materials (textbooks, printed materials).
- Assist with preparations for programs and courses as required.
- Manage and/or assist with document preparation as required.
- Organize program supplies and equipment as necessary.
- Supervision of student exams, when scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Records management skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Works well independently and as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Good computer knowledge; especially MS Office, email.
- Good Keyboarding skills.
- Good proof-reading skills.
- Related education (such as an Office Administration Certificate) would be an asset.
- Recent administrative experience and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment is an asset.