Careers at NLC
Careers at NLC
Instructor, Crane & Hoist Program - two positions
July 16th, 2018
Hours Per Week:
Northern Lakes College is a publically governed Comprehensive Community Institution (CCI) with 23 campuses and 5 community access point sites, located in 50 communities across northern Alberta. Diploma and certificate programs include academic upgrading, business administration, office administration, health sciences and human services, trades and technology, university studies, and a variety of continuing education and corporate training certificates and courses. We support and promote professional development and wellness opportunities, and provide our employees with an attractive benefits plan and competitive salaries. The college’s service region offers numerous recreational activities for the entire family to enjoy!
Northern Lakes College has the following full time positions (two) available at our
Slave Lake campus:
Instructor, Crane & Hoist Program
Open until successful candidates are recruited
- Alberta Journeyman Mobile Crane Certification or Red Seal Certification;
- Technical training with Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training or other Trade related training;
- Minimum 10 years hoisting experience in multiple industries;
- Instructional experience in an adult training environment;
- Ability to work well as part of a team;
- Clean criminal record check with vulnerable sector.
For complete details on this employment opportunity, visit us online at: www.northernlakescollege.ca click on Careers at NLC
Please submit a resume quoting the reference number NLC-1697 to:
Northern Lakes College, Human Resources, 1201 Main Street SE, Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A3
Closing Date: August 5, 2018
Note: Northern Lakes College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Instructor, Crane & Hoisting Program
The Instructor of the Crane & Hoisting programs reports to the Chair Trades and Resource Technology and is responsible for instruction and curriculum development in cooperation with the other members of the Trades Crane and Hoist Team. This program involves face to face classroom Instruction, Practical Instruction as well as practical testing.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Instruct Journeyman Crane and Hoisting programs and Boom Truck program.
- Develop test bank, practice exams, mid-term exams, final exam and final practical testing procedure.
- Regular reporting to Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training.
- Assist with Industry relations and ongoing procurement of equipment for the Crane and Hoisting program and Boom Truck program.
- Assist with purchasing of materials and supplies.
- Alberta Journeyman Mobile Crane Certification or Red Seal Certification.
- Technical training with Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training or other Trade related training.
- Minimum 10 years hoisting experience in multiple industries.
- Instructional experience in an adult training environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Clean criminal record check.