Careers at NLC
Careers at NLC
12-week Pre Employment Carpentry program in High Level, AB.
July 18th, 2018
August 31st, 2018 - 11:54pm
Job Start Date:
August 27th, 2018
Job End Date:
November 23rd, 2018
Hours Per Week:
Northern Lakes College is a publicly governed Comprehensive Community Institution (CCI) with 23 campuses and 5 community access point sites, located in 50 communities across northern Alberta. Diploma and certificate programs include academic upgrading, business administration, office administration, health sciences and human services, trades and technology, university studies, and a variety of continuing education and corporate training certificates and courses. We support and promote professional development and wellness opportunities, and provide our employees with an attractive benefits plan and competitive salaries. The college’s service region offers numerous recreational activities for the entire family to enjoy!
Northern Lakes College has the following project position available in High Level:
Location: High Level
August 27, 2018 to November 23, 2018
- An Alberta or Red Seal Journeyman Carpentry Certificate is required;
- Three years of teaching experience in an educational or trades setting;
- Excellent skills with MS office;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Clean Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector is required prior to hiring;
- Driver’s License.
- Experience in the field of trades or industry;
- Experience teaching adults;
- Experience teaching in aboriginal or remote communities.
For complete details on this employment opportunity, visit us online at:
www.northernlakescollege.ca click on Careers to apply on line
Please submit a resume quoting the reference number NLC-1698 to:
Northern Lakes College, Human Resources, 1201 Main Street SE, Slave Lake, AB. T0G 2A3
Fax: 780 849-5881
Closing Date: open until a suitable candidate is found
Note: Northern Lakes College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Features and Description
Instructors at Northern Lakes College enjoy helping others. They are committed to student success and may be looking for a different way to apply their experience and expertise. They are committed to working in a team environment and are excited to collaborate with others. For this term position, the instructor will prepare and deliver a 12-week Pre Employment Carpentry program in High Level, AB.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide instruction to students in a classroom and/or lab setting.
- Maintain a positive and effective learning environment.
- Work with team members in the development of curriculum and other program materials, including (but not limited to) lesson plans, learning activities, test banks, and exams.
- Provide regular feedback to students on their progress. This includes using various forms of assessment and evaluation.
- Record and report student success
- Be a champion/ambassador of the program, department, and college maintaining positive relationships internally and externally.
- Maintain lab equipment and order/prepare lab materials as required.
- Instructional experience in an adult training environment
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Computer software skills including (but not limited to) email, Internet, lms, word processing and spreadsheet functions
- A professional and positive demeanor with the ability to function as a contributing member in a team environment
- An Alberta or Red Seal Journeyman Carpentry Certificate is required.
- Clean Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector is required prior to hiring.
- A valid class 5 driver’s license