Careers at NLC
Careers at NLC
January 10th, 2019
January 25th, 2019 - 12:00am
Job End Date:
June 30th, 2019
$20.08 to $23.77 per hour
Hours Per Week:
29 hours per week
Northern Lakes College is a publicly governed Comprehensive Community Institution (CCI) with 23 campuses and 5 community access point sites, located in 50 communities across northern Alberta. Diploma and certificate programs include academic upgrading, business administration, office administration, health sciences and human services, trades and technology, university studies, and a variety of continuing education and corporate training certificates and courses. We support and promote professional development and wellness opportunities, and provide our employees with an attractive benefits plan and competitive salaries. The college’s service region offers numerous recreational activities for the entire family to enjoy!
Northern Lakes College has the following part time project position .8 FTE available at the
Hourly Rate: $20.08 to $23.77 per hour
February 2019 to June 30, 2019
- A High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Experience working with the public;
- Experience with Microsoft Office software;
- Experience with teleconference and video equipment would be assets;
- Experience working in educational settings would be an asset.
For complete details on this employment opportunity, visit us online at: www.northernlakescollege.ca click on Careers at NLC
Please submit a resume quoting the reference number NLC-1735 to:
Northern Lakes College, Human Resources, 1201 Main Street SE, Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A3
Closing Date: January 25, 2019
Note: Northern Lakes College thanks all applicants for their interest in employment; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Major Job Function:
Provide various services to students, staff and the community including but not limited to course delivery, site management, student recruitment, marketing, and learning support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Reception (phone & walk-in) and handle inquiries
- Open and close facility/rooms
- Facilitate application forms
- Orientate students to programs, services and facility
- Refer students for educational & career planning
- Provide information and referrals for student funding and student counselling
- Provide internet, library & research assistance to students
- Prepare supplies/materials e.g. photocopying
- Distribute, collect, return learning materials
- Coach students in study & time management skills
- Proctor Exams
- Administer evaluation forms
- Arrange and set up facility for conferencing including connections & equipment hook-up (e.g. audio-conference, video)
- Maintain/troubleshoot learning technologies
- Ensure security for equipment, resources and exams etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Contacts (Internal and External):
NLC staff, general public
A High School Diploma or equivalent and experience working with the public are required. Experience with Microsoft Office software is required. Experience with teleconference and video equipment would be assets. Experience working in educational environments would be an asset.