Student Job Board
Whether you are looking for a part-time job, summer employment opportunity or are ready to venture off into your chosen career, there are many resources available to help you with your job search and planning.
Not sure where to start? Check out the ALIS Help Video: How Do I Look For a Job?
Job Board Postings
Visit this section frequently to find additional job opportunities.
Statistics Canada is hiring!
Looking to make a lasting contribution to Canada, its communities and its people? Canada's next census will take place in May 2021. Statistics Canada is hiring approximately 32,000 people across the country to work on the collection phase of the 2021 Census.
Statistics Canada is now hiring candidates in Indigenous and northern communities to help conduct the #2021Census this May. For more info:
Resume & Cover Letters+
There are a number of resources available to assist you in strengthening your resume and developing cover letters.
Check out the ALIS Website for more information. A selection of tip sheets available on this website include:
- Applying for Work Online
- Cover Letters: Examples
- Graduated from Post-Secondary, Now What?
- Marketing You!
- Resume Checklist
- Choose a Type of Resume
Financing, Mentoring & Support Tools+
Young entrepreneurs between the ages of 18-39 are encouraged to check out Futurpreneur, a national non-profit organization that provides financing, mentoring, and support tools to aspiring business owners. This mentoring program matches young entrepreneurs with a business expert from a network of more that 2700 volunteer mentors.
Click HERE for more information.
Job Board Links+
- Workopolis - Listing of student jobs within Alberta
- Youth Employment Programs - Government of Canada
- Indeed - Listing of jobs within Alberta
- Job Bank - Government of Canada
- Student Job Board - Job postings across Canada
- Career-Launcher Internship program - Listing of positions in Alberta
- Workwild - Jobs in Forestry Industry
- Find A Forestry Job - Forestry Industry