NLC Wellness Challenge
Join the 4 Week NLC Wellness Challenge
Winter Wellness 4-Week Challenge
November 6 –December 1, 2023
You are invited to participate in the Winter 4-Week Wellness Challenge. The challenge has been designed using the 8 Dimensions of Wellness and addresses 4 of the dimensions; social, emotional, physical and environmental wellness. Wellness dimensions are interconnected and when combined, can lead to a more balanced and meaningful life.
This challenge will encourage you to pay more attention to areas of wellness that you may be neglecting by suggesting specific, simple and fun things for you to do each day.
How do I get started?
- You can sign up for one of two categories.
a. A team of three
b. As an individual
- Select a fun team name! Get creative, there are points to be won!
- If you are part of a Team choose someone to be the Team Capitan.
- Complete the Online Registration form as either a team or individual.
- Download your tracking cards:
Individual Tracking Card >> Team Tracking Card >>
- Start tracking your points!
- HAVE FUN!
How does the challenge work?
- Each week you will track points for each activity you complete
- You can earn Bonus Points by repeating one of the weekly activities on the weekend
- You can also earn Bonus Points by submitting a picture of yourself completing one of the activities. Get creative with these pictures! You can submit one photo per week and gain up to 3 points per photo.
- Each Monday morning, count the points earned for previous week and send your results to your team captain. – Example for the week of November 6 to 12, submissions need to be submitted on Monday November 13.
- Each week EVERY team member tracks their points on the Individual Tracking card.
- You can each earn bonus points by repeating one of the weekly activities on the weekend
- Send your individual tracking card to your Team Capitan
- Team Captains will enter the individual points on to the Team Tracking card and submit everything for the week by the end of day the Monday after the week – Example for the week of November 6 to 12, submissions need to be submitted on Monday November 13.
- Teams can also earn by submitting a picture of the team completing one of the activities. Get creative with these pictures! Your team can submit one photo per week and gain up to 3 points per photo.
How will the Wellness Challenge Champion be selected?
At the end of the 4-week challenge, once all tracking forms have been submitted, the challenge champions will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Most creative team names.
- Most points earned.
- We will choose winners from both the Team and Individual categories.
- Challenge wellness champions will be contacted via college email and will win a fabulous wellness prize!
Share your progress, tips and tricks with us on the Northern Lakes College app or ask a question at firstname.lastname@example.org