DetailsAdd to cart
As an effective leader you need to provide an atmosphere for success and excellence. Your employees rely on your ability to communicate the essential elements of your organization's vision, mission, and values. This course will help you identify your personal leadership style and how to use it effectively so that you can inspire your employees to focus on the big picture.
• Use key skills of effective leadership
• Identify your personal leadership style
• Determine the difference between being a leader vs. a boss
• Communicate your vision, mission, and values
• Identify your role as a champion of change
• Understand the characteristics of a successful work team
This course is part of the Essential Skills for Supervisors Certificate Program.
This course is approved for: The "Achievement in Business Competencies" (Blue Seal) program through the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Department. For more information on the Blue Seal Program go to: http://tradesecrets.alberta.ca/experiencedworkers/business-competencies
0.4 Continuing Education Unit Credits for Alberta Environment Water and Wastewater Operator Certification Program. For more information on the Certification Program including approved CEUs go to: https://www.alberta.ca/water-wastewater-operator-certification.aspx
Ilana Zinyk has a passion for helping others expand and strengthen their leadership skills. Having worked in a leadership role for approximately eight years, she knows first-hand the struggles, navigations, and triumphs managers often experience. Her managerial work and interests in leadership led her to pursue her Master of Arts in Leadership Degree from Royal Roads University, which she completed in 2013. Ilana works both in the public sector and as a private consultant, specializing in developing and facilitating leadership development courses, coaching leaders to realize their full potential, and team effectiveness work.
(Feb 22, 2024 to Feb 23, 2024) 9:00 AM-4:00 PM Thursday - LIVE ONLINE and MOODLE; Friday - LIVE ONLINE and MOODLE; (Mountain Time Zone)
NLC Live Online
Private Training - A Continuing Education & Corporate Training Specialty
Training on your terms and your schedule. We can offer any course to your workplace or community. Phone 780.849.8623 and talk with us about your training needs or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Withdrawals and Refunds
Tuition will be fully refunded when notice of withdrawal is given 7 days before the course start date. If you are unable to attend your course, you may arrange for someone to take your place by contacting Continuing Education & Corporate Training at email@example.com or 780-849-8623
Fees are due at the time of registration. Northern Lakes College accepts cash, cheque, money order, debit, VISA, MasterCard, American Express. Invoicing to a company requires a Purchase Order (PO).
NLC LIVE Online
This course is delivered LIVE Online using Blackboard Collaborate for classes and using Moodle for student assignments, resources, quizzes/exams and more.
To learn more about Blackboard Collaborate Ultra check out this guide: https://www.northernlakescollege.ca/public/download/documents/49872
To learn more about Moodle and to experience using Moodle check out this guide: https://www.northernlakescollege.ca/public/download/documents/34054
What you need:
• High speed internet
• Computer, laptop, tablet
• Speakers & microphone, preferably a headset. If you don't have a microphone you can still use the chat function to ask questions/make comments.
More information about NLC LIVE Online:
• All NLC LIVE Online Courses are on Mountain Time Zone (Canada).
• Most courses are recorded and the recordings are made available to participants after the course
• Course attendance verification or course certification is only granted for those who participate as individuals LIVE Online. If you take a course with a group OR you miss the class and view the recording, attendance verification and/or certification will not be granted (MMP modules are an exception for recordings, contact Continuing Education & Corporate Training for more information.)