Northern Lakes College students must meet the following requirements to be eligible to apply for admission to the UCalgary Program:
1) Be in good academic standing;
2) Have a minimum 2.5 GPA, (Please note: This is subject to change by the University of Calgary);
3) Have completed a Northern Lakes program or course of study within the past two (2) years, or be currently registered in a program or course of study at Northern Lakes. Credit will not normally be granted for courses taken eight or more years prior to the date of admission to the UCalgary Program;
4) Must have completed the pre-requisite high school courses or equivalents, including equivalent courses taken as part of their Northern Lakes Program.
5) Must apply to identified Teachable Subject Areas as identified by the Dean of the Werklund School of Education or the Dean's delegate. At the time of signing, the following Teachable Subject Areas were identified as being eligible:English Language Arts & Social Studies.
Students apply directly to University of Calgary for the Community-Based Bachelor of Education Program. Non-education courses are completed at Northern Lakes College. Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.7 to be considered for eligibility into the Community-Based Bachelor of Education at the University of Calgary.