Fall Award Application Form
1. Applications can be submitted until the deadline date: November 2, 2018.
2. You must be registered full-time (60% of program credit course load) at NLC in a post-secondary program (unless otherwise stated in criteria).
3. Please complete only one application and check all awards below that you wish to be considered for.
4. IMPORTANT: Read the awards criteria to check your eligibility for EACH award.
5. The Selection Committee will not consider incomplete applications.
6. Do not use relatives as personal references.
7. Budget section must be completed for ALL award applications.
8. International students are not eligible for the awards below.
See award descriptions, details, specific award requirements and other info on other awards along with applications on our NLC Awards list (under Financial Aid, Scholarships & Funding) available on www.northernlakescollege.ca.
Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that the required documentation is submitted for consideration.
Additional Information for Awards+
(extra-curricular and community involvement)
- Include a statement/essay outlining how you meet the criteria for the award (student leadership & involvement) – include:
- Any achievements, awards and other recognition received,
- Education/Career goals.
- Provide a separate list of activities/organizations you are involved with, or a resume with the same, examples: service clubs, sports clubs/associations, religious, school, community, arts and other volunteerism. Include with this information:
- Whether activity/organization you are involved with is a paid position or not,
- Identify whether the activity was a course requirement,
- Title of position and length of time spent (per day, week or month).
- OPTIONAL: Reference letter(s) from people in your community, NLC campus, organizations you are involved with or others you assist (or have assisted you) in some way that can speak to recommending you for the award(s) you are applying for with written testimonials of meeting or exceeding the award criteria (such as: community/school involvement, leadership, assisting others, overcoming difficulties/obstacles, etc.). The reference letter should include:
- How long the person has known the applicant/student,
- How the person knows the applicant/student,
- Provide a description of how he/she feels the applicant/student meets the criteria.
- Name, phone number, signature and date of reference.
Documents can be uploaded in the application form.