Careers at NLC
Careers at NLC
Access Facilitator .5 FTE
June 11th, 2020
July 15th, 2020 - 12:00am
Job Start Date:
August 21st, 2020
Salary $18,996 to $22,482 per year
Hours Per Week:
Nature and Scope of Work
Provide various services to students, staff and the community including but not limited to course delivery, site management, student recruitment, marketing, and learning support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Reception (phone & walk-in) and handle inquiries
- Open and close facility/rooms
- Facilitate application forms
- Orientate students to programs, services and facility
- Refer students for educational & career planning
- Provide information and referrals for student funding and student counselling
- Provide internet, library & research assistance to students
- Prepare supplies/materials e.g. photocopying
- Distribute, collect, return learning materials
- Coach students in study & time management skills
- Proctor Exams
- Administer evaluation forms
- Arrange and set up facility for conferencing including connections & equipment hook-up (e.g. audio-conference, video)
- Maintain/troubleshoot learning technologies
- Ensure security for equipment, resources and exams etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Contacts (Internal and External)
- NLC staff,
- General public
- A High School Diploma or equivalent and experience working with the public are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office software is required.
- Experience with teleconference and video equipment would be assets.
- Experience working in educational environments would be an asset.