How to Apply: Admissions Steps
How to apply to Northern Lakes College. Here is a step by step guide to help you with the admission process:
Step 1- Choose your program+
If you need help in choosing the right program, you can contact our Career Counsellors who will be more than happy to help you!
Step 2 - Flexible Delivery Methods+
The second step is to research your program information:
- The type of delivery method
- Full-time or part-time options
- Practicum/Lab day requirements
Below is a brief explanation of the delivery methods offered by NLC:
NLC Anytime, Anywhere- Courses where you do not have scheduled classes, where you log into a program (Moodle) at any time and do your work.
NLC LIVE Online- Courses where you have scheduled classes online, where you log into a program (Blackboard Collaborate) with your instructor and peers on the same day, at the same time.
Face-to-Face- Courses where the instructor and the students are interacting at the same time, at the same physical location.
Blended- Courses where you have a combination of face to face and online (NLC Anytime, Anywhere and/or NLC LIVE Online).
Step 3 - Gather your Documents!+
Now that you have selected your program or course, you will need to gather all required documents. You can find what documentation you need to send in with your application under the academic requirements and other requirements section in the program description. This will help Northern Lakes College to determine your eligibility to enroll and whether you will need a placement test or if additional requirements need to be met.
NOTE: If your submitted application does not have all of the correct documentation attached it can result in a delay or refusal of your application during the enrollment process.
Step 4 – Do I need a Placement Test?+
Some programs require a specific placement test; you will be notified by an Enrollment Specialist if you need one after Admissions has confirmed your application to be complete. You can also speak with a Career Counsellor first to determine your eligibility.
Step 5 – I am ready to Apply!+
There are two different ways to apply for Diploma and Certificate Credit programs, you will only need to apply to one of them. Northern Lakes College recommends using Apply Alberta:
- Apply Alberta makes it easy for students to apply to one or more post-secondary institutions. The first time students use ApplyAlberta they will create a profile with their personal and academic history. This information is filled in automatically on each of the Alberta post-secondary applications they complete.
- Apply Alberta facilitates the transfer of academic transcripts. Within ApplyAlberta, students authorize institution(s) to request the transfer of their Alberta Education high school and/or post-secondary transcripts. Students will not be charged a fee for transcripts transferred through ApplyAlberta.
- Speeds up the application process. The ability to apply to multiple institutions without having to re-enter basic information and to authorize transcript transfers will save students time.
Continuing Education & Corporate Training has their own registration process, please see below for more information.
Apply Alberta – Apply Now!
Before you begin your application, we recommend that you read about the Application Process on the Apply Alberta website. You can apply through the ApplyAlberta (APAS) online application system for admission into Diploma and Certificate programs.
Northern Lakes College – Application for Admission
Apply for Admission into Diploma, Certificate and Degree programs directly with Northern Lakes College by filling out the NLC Application for Admission form. Any supporting documents can be uploaded into your online application or you can email them separately to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring them to your local NLC campus.
Continuing Education & Corporate Training Courses
Individuals who want to register and purchase courses online please visit the Continuing Education Portal to log in or create a new account. If you are registering for more than one individual, please call us at 780.849.8623 or Toll Free 1.866.652.3456 ext. 8623. You can also email us at email@example.com
Step 6 – What happens after I apply?+
I sent in my NLC Application for Admission
- Once you have sent in your application you will receive a pop-up confirmation message that your application was received.
- Admissions will send you an email within 24 hours asking you to review your information and submit any changes.
- You will be contacted if there are any errors in your application or if there is information missing. Make sure your phone number and email is correct, this will avoid delays in your enrollment process.
- Admissions will then forward your application to an Enrollment Specialist who will check your eligibility. You will be contacted if there are additional requirements or if you need a placement test.
- If you are accepted into your program of choice you will receive an acceptance letter with all the information you need know before your program starts.
I applied through Apply Alberta
Please follow the application steps through Apply Alberta and contact them with any questions regarding your application.
I applied for a course through Continuing Education & Corporate Training
Continuing Education & Corporate Training will process your enrollment and contact you one business day from your purchase date.