Educational Counselling Services
Your NLC Educational Counselling Services team provides a variety of mental health and wellness supports to help you navigate student life.
Here are some of the common reasons that students access our services:
- Stress, anxiety or depression
- Loneliness or relationship issues
- Dealing with grief, loss, and life transitions
- Alcohol and substance-use
- Balancing school and life demands
- Understanding appeals and advocacy support
- Accessing community services and resources
Whatever your need, we will work with you to find resources and support. As always, our services are confidential, and free for all current students. Please reach out for more information.
Wellness Check Up+
College is an exciting time, but can come with unexpected challenges as you balance education with your other daily activities. Your mental health and well-being are important contributors to your success.
At NLC we are proud to offer free counselling services for students as part of our Supported Distance Learning model.
You are here to learn, we are here to help.
Your 30 minute personalized Wellness Check Up with a Counsellor includes:
- supported self-assessment
- identification of your strengths
- goal-setting support to address self-identified areas of improvement
- access to additional resources and services
- follow-up support as needed
Book your Wellness Check Up with a member of our Counselling Team today HERE
Toll-free: 1-866-652-3456 ext. "counselling"
*Please note: We offer short-term, non-clinical mental health services. We cannot complete clinical assessments, diagnose, provide long-term treatment, or complete medical documentation. We can however support you in accessing the services you need. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.