This 6.5 contact hour course is delivered NLC LIVE Online.
Many water systems have problems due to iron and manganese in the water supply which causes colour, odours, and staining problems. With ongoing discussions about lowering the maximum acceptable concentration (MAC) for Manganese in the Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality, Operator training on Iron and Manganese removal has become very important. This workshop will provide operators with the skills required to work with Iron and Manganese removal processes, with a focus on greensand treatment systems.
What will be covered in this course:
1. Causes and sources of Iron and Manganese in the water system
2. Problems caused by Iron and Manganese
3. Removal processes
4. Manganese greensand system operation
6. Working safely with Potassium Permanganate
7. Optimizing filter performance
Quizzes and group discussion are used to assess your learning at several points throughout the course.
This course is approved for 0.6 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) for Alberta Water/Waste Water Operators.