NLC Student Awards Application
We understand that funding your post-secondary education can be a challenge. Through the generosity of many individuals, companies, and associations, we are proud to offer a number of financial awards to our students. Awards may be given based on financial need, academic achievement, community involvement, leadership or extra-curricular activities. The award may also be a combination of a scholarship, bursary or a prize.
Please check out the NLC Student Awards List for bursaries, scholarships and awards you may be eligible for. We also have a Tuition Bursary available to students that are not receiving any financial assistance (including Student Loans and third-party sponsorship).
Video: How to complete a student awards application
For more information about eligibility for each of the awards, click here. Click on the 'Apply Here' button to be redirected to the application form.
Winter Awards Application
- Applications can be submitted before or on the deadline date.
- You must be registered full-time (60% of program credit course load) at NLC in a post-secondary program (unless otherwise stated in criteria).
- Please complete only one application form and check all the awards that you wish to be considered for.
- IMPORTANT: Read the award criteria to check your eligibility for EACH award.
- The Selection Committee will not consider incomplete applications.
- Do not use relatives as personal references.
- Budget section must be completed for ALL award applications.
- International students are not eligible for the awards listed here.
Please note that it is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that the required documentation is submitted for consideration.
DEADLINE: February 26, 2021
NLC Emergency Bursary
NLC Emergency Bursary Application Form
1. Applications can be submitted any time during the academic year.
2. You must be registered and attending either a part-time or full-time program with NLC.
3. Students are only eligible for this award once per term.
4. The Awards Selection Committee will not consider incomplete applications.
5. Applicants will be notified of decision within 5 business days of receipt of application in the Student Awards Office.
6. Budget section must be completed.
NLC Application for Tuition Bursary
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Must be enrolled in an NLC program. The tuition bursary is not available to students in programs where fees are forwarded by NLC to the delivering institution.
- Financial need.
- Paying own tuition (self-sponsored) and not receiving funding that is designated for tuition payment. The College must be informed of any funding or bursary received during the academic year for which the tuition bursary is approved.
- Tuition bursaries that are approved are applied as a credit for tuition for NLC programs (per academic year or semester/term).
- When an application for tuition bursary has been submitted and a decision has not yet been received, the applicant will be required to either sign a fee deferral agreement or pay full tuition on or before registration day. Established timelines for fee deferrals and
refund procedures will apply upon approval of the tuition bursary.