NLC Student Awards Application
Great News for Students!
The Prime Minister has announced $9 billion in new funding for post-secondary students as part of the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 response. Information on eligibility and the application process will be released by the Government of Canada in the coming weeks. Read the news release.
The Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) provides financial support to post-secondary students, and recent post-secondary and high school graduates who are unable to find work due to COVID-19. Questions like "Who can apply?" and "How much can you get?" are all answered on the Government's website.
We understand that funding your post-secondary education can be a challenge. Through the generosity of many individuals, companies, and associations, we are proud to offer a number of financial awards to our students. Awards may be given based on financial need, academic achievement, community involvement, leadership or extra-curricular activities. The award may also be a combination of a scholarship, bursary or a prize.
Please check out the NLC Student Awards List for bursaries, scholarships and awards you may be eligible for. We also have a Tuition Bursary available to students that are not receiving any financial assistance (including Student Loans and third-party sponsorship).
For more information about eligibility for each of the awards, click here. Click on the 'Apply Here' button to be redirected to the application form.
Renaissance Bursary Application
DEADLINE: JULY 9, 2020
- Must be a full-time student in the Health or Human Services programs.
- Must have financial need.
- Must have good academic standing.
- Clinical/Practicum placement must be outside of student's home community.
NLC Application for Tuition Bursary
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Must be enrolled in an NLC program. The tuition bursary is not available to students in programs where fees are forwarded by NLC to the delivering institution.
- Financial need.
- Paying own tuition (self-sponsored) and not receiving funding that is designated for tuition payment. The College must be informed of any funding or bursary received during the academic year for which the tuition bursary is approved.
- Tuition bursaries that are approved are applied as a credit for tuition for NLC programs (per academic year or semester/term).
- When an application for tuition bursary has been submitted and a decision has not yet been received, the applicant will be required to either sign a fee deferral agreement or pay full tuition on or before registration day. Established timelines for fee deferrals and
refund procedures will apply upon approval of the tuition bursary.
Student Awards - Emergency Financial Needs Bursary Application Form
1. Applications can be submitted any time during the academic year.
2. You must be registered and attending either a part-time or full-time program with NLC.
3. Students are only eligible for this award once per term.
4. The Selection Committee will not consider incomplete applications.
5. Applicants will be notified of decision within 5 business days of receipt of application in the Student Awards Office.
6. Budget section must be completed.