NLC Student Awards Application
We understand that funding your post-secondary education can be a challenge. Through the generosity of many individuals, companies, and associations, we are proud to offer a number of financial awards to our students. Awards may be given based on financial need, academic achievement, community involvement, leadership or extra-curricular activities. The award may also be a combination of a scholarship, bursary or a prize.
Please check out the NLC Student Awards List for bursaries, scholarships and awards you may be eligible for. We also have a Tuition Bursary available to students that are not receiving any financial assistance (including Student Loans and third-party sponsorship).
For more information about eligibility, click on the 'plus' button to the right to access the drop down menu. Click on the 'Apply Here' button to be redirected to the application form.
NLC Application for Tuition Bursary+
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Must be enrolled in an NLC program. The tuition bursary is not available to students in programs where fees are forwarded by NLC to the delivering institution.
- Financial need.
- Paying own tuition (self-sponsored) and not receiving funding that is designated for tuition payment. The College must be informed of any funding or bursary received during the academic year for which the tuition bursary is approved.
- Tuition bursaries that are approved are applied as a credit for tuition for NLC programs (per academic year or semester/term).
- When an application for tuition bursary has been submitted and a decision has not yet been received, the applicant will be required to either sign a fee deferral agreement or pay full tuition on or before registration day. Established timelines for fee deferrals and
refund procedures will apply upon approval of the tuition bursary.
Indigenous Careers Award Application Form+
Award: $2,000 per semester
The Indigenous Careers Award is designed to encourage Indigenous Albertans (First Nations, Métis, and Inuit) to pursue and complete post-secondary studies in certificate, diploma, applied degree, and bachelor degree programs that lead to high-demand career outcomes in Alberta.
Students in the following program areas are eligible to apply:
- Business Administration
- Office Administration
- Educational Assistant
- Early Learning and Child Care
- Addictions Counselling Diploma
- Addictions Services Worker
- Health Sciences (Practical Nurse, EMR, EMT, EMT-P & Health Care Aide)
- Power Engineering
- Social Work
- University Studies if continuing into one of the eligible program areas:
- Physical, Natural & Applied Sciences,
- Social Sciences limited to Child and Youth Care, Social Work, Community Support Worker and Addictions/Counselling/Service Worker
- Technologist programs
- Health Sciences
Student Awards - Emergency Financial Needs Bursary Application Form+
1. Applications can be submitted any time during the academic year.
2. You must be registered and attending either a part-time or full-time program with NLC.
3. Students are only eligible for this award once per term.
4. The Selection Committee will not consider incomplete applications.
5. Applicants will be notified of decision within 5 business days of receipt of application in the Student Awards Office.
6. Budget section must be completed.