College and Career Preparation
Applications now open for September 2023! APPLY NOW »
Are you interested in getting into a Health or Human Service Career at Northern Lakes College but do not have the academic requirements? You can get the courses you need with Northern Lakes College. We offer Biology, computer applications, English, and math through Supported Distance Learning and are supported by an instructor.
Study from your home community while you qualify for entrance into a post-secondary program.
- Delivered through Supported Distance Learning
- Available Anywhere
- Apply as a part-time or full-time student
- The length of the program depends on the requirement of each student
- Courses are offered during the Fall, Winter, and Spring terms
- These courses are not university courses, and credit does not transfer to other institutions.
- Students may register in one course, three or more courses in a term for full-time status, or complete all courses in the program over three terms.
Applications should be submitted at least 2 weeks before term start date.
Full-time or Part-time
Term 1 September – December
Term 2 January – April
Term 3 May – June
Areas of Study+
Further Educational Opportunities+
Upon successful completion of College and Career Preparation courses, students may enter Health and Human Services career programs or University Studies programs at NLC.
Part-time campus or home-based CACP students may apply for the Skills Investment Bursary to assist with the cost of tuition, books, and other applicable fees. Visit the NLC Financial Aid, Scholarships & Funding page for more details.